A guide to Premiership Rugby’s Salary Cap Regulations 2018/19 – what happens if there is a breach?
The article is the second of two pieces by the author on Premiership Rugby's Salary Cap Regulations for 2018/19 (the Regulations).
Their practical operation
What happens on suspicion of a breach
The disciplinary process
The sanctions that may be applied
Other notable aspects of the Regulations
At the time of publishing, the Regulations for the 2018/2019 season are not yet available on the Premiership Rugby website (although they may be uploaded soon). The principal changes to the published Regulations have however all been well communicated (see here and here2). A copy of the Regulations for the 2016-2017 season (which the author refers to as the published Regulations) are available here.3
This article updates a piece that the author originally wrote in 2015.
To continue reading or watching login or register here
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: Employment | Premiership Rugby | Premiership Rugby Salary Regulations 2018_19 | Regulation | Rugby Union | Salary Cap | United Kingdom (UK)
- The salary cap in Rugby Union
- An introductory guide to the NFL’s salary cap
- Sports media rights in 2018 – consumption trends and the growing influence of OTT digital players
- A guide to Premiership Rugby’s Salary Cap Regulations 2018/19 – the principal changes for the new season