COVID 19: safety precautions & legal duties for Indian sports academies to consider when reopening
This article helps operators of sports academies and training centres in India to understand the safety precautions and legal duties of care that they need to be aware of as they begin to reopen. Specifically, it examines:
- Understanding the transmission risks inherent in your sport(s).
- Understanding your visitors and their risks.
- Recommended operational measures for minimising risk.
- Useful Covid-19 related protocols and guidelines.
- Sample Covid–19 screening questionnaire for visitors.
Continue reading this article...
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Coronavirus and its impact on football - A Sports Law and Policy Centre and LawInSport Joint Survey
- COVID-19: can esports help mitigate the impact on traditional sports?
- COVID-19: ensuring participant & spectator safety as sports activities resume (UK guidance & legal duties)
About the Author
Yogitha Ramu is an Associate at LawNK, a boutique law practice specialising in sports, media, technology and intellectual property laws. She is also a researcher at the Sports Law and Policy Centre, Bengaluru and her research interests include the influence of data and technology on sports, sports governance and antitrust issues in sports. Yogitha graduated with a B.B.A., LL.B (Hons) from the National Law University Jodhpur in 2019.