How do football lawyers differ to football agents? An interview with Daniel Geey
Recently, football lawyer Daniel Geey and football agent Erkut Sögüt attended Mumbai to help teach The Football Business Certificate, educating current and future leaders about best practices of the global football industry. While there, Daniel and Erkut kindly agreed to answer some questions for me on topical issues in football. In this interview, I asked Daniel for his opinions on the following questions:
What is the role of a football lawyer?
What exactly is football law?
Should football adopt an NBA style transfer system?
What are some of the most memorable deals that you have been part of?
Is there a need for stricter regulation of who can own a football club?
How can football be promoted India?
Click here to see my related interview with top football agent, Erkut Sögüt.
To continue reading or watching login or register here
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: Agents | Athlete Welfare | Careers Development | Contract | Employment | FIFA | Football | Germany | Premier League | Regulations | Sports Law | The FA | Turkey | UK
- Top 50 Anti-Doping Articles and Podcasts
- Key articles and podcasts on match-fixing and betting
- Brendan Schwab (World Players Association) on the Hakeem al-Araibi case - Episode 73
- Interview with Nick De Marco QC - "Mr Football" - Episode 75
Manan is currently an Editor at LawInSport. Before joining LawInSport, Manan practiced law at a leading media and entertainment law firm in Mumbai, India. Manan has been a part of LawInSport's inaugural Academy Mentoring Scheme and was mentored by LawInSport CEO and Founder, Sean Cottrell.