Key Sports Law Cases And Developments Of 2021 – UK & Ireland
As we come to the end of a turbulent and challenging year, we wanted to take the opportunity to highlight the important legal cases and developments from the world of sports law of 2021.
Therefore, we invited members of our Editorial and Advisory Board, who are experts in this field, to share their opinions on what they consider to be the key sports law cases & developments from 2021. In this article are the responses from our UK & Ireland members.
With so much happening in 2021, we hope this series of articles will serve to provide a useful not only in identifying specific cases and issues, but also in detecting broader global themes when read in conjunction with the contributions from other jurisdictions.
We would like to thank each member of our Editorial and Advisory Board for taking the time out of their busy schedules to share their views with us, and also more broadly for their significant input into LawInSport over the course of the year. Thank you.
- Alex Haffner, Partner, Fladgate LLP
- Prof Mark James, Manchester Law School & Manchester Metropolitan University Institute of Sport
- Andrew Smith, Barrister, Matrix Chambers
- Robert McTernaghan, Barrister with a specialisation in Sports Law, Bar of Northern Ireland & Ireland
- Mark Hovell, Partner, Mills & Reeve
- Rupert Beloff, Barrister, 4-5 Gray’s Inn Square & Kings Chambers
- Louis Weston, Barrister, Outer Temple Chambers
- Leigh Thompson, Head Of Policy, Sport And Recreation Alliance
- Nick De Marco QC, Barrister, Blackstone Chambers
- Alistair McHenry, Director, Walker Morris LLP
- Sohail Ali, Partner, DLA Piper (With the Assistance of Benjamin Fellows, Senior Associate, DLA Piper)
- Alex Kelham, Partner, Lewis Silkin LLP
- Tim O’Connor- Barrister, Irish Bar
- Lydia Banerjee, Barrister, Littleton Chambers
- Jon Walters, Partner, Northridge Law
To continue reading or watching login or register here
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: Athlete rights | Athlete Welfare | BHA | Commercial | Cricket | Dispute Resolution | Football | Gambling | Governance | Horseracing | Human Rights | Media Rights | Premier League | Regulation | Rugby | Safeguarding
- Key Sports Law Cases And Developments Of 2021 – North America
- Key Sports Law Cases And Developments Of 2021 – Central & South America
- Key Sports Law Cases And Developments Of 2021 – Asia, Africa & Oceania