Key Sports Law Cases And Developments Of 2021 – Asia, Africa & Oceania
As we come to the end of a turbulent and challenging year, we wanted to take the opportunity to highlight the important legal cases and developments from the world of sports law of 2021.
Therefore, we invited members of our Editorial and Advisory Board, who are experts in this field, to share their opinions on what they consider to be the key sports law cases & developments from 2021. In this article are the responses from our Asia, Africa & Oceania members.
With so much happening in 2021, we have produced a series of articles to help identify key cases and issues from 2021 in specific jurisdictions, as well as helping to detect broader global themes.
We would like to thank each member of our Editorial and Advisory Board for taking the time out of their busy schedules to share their views with us, and also more broadly for their significant input into LawInSport over the course of the year. Thank you.
- Prof Jack Anderson, University Of Melbourne, Australia
- Mickey Ingles, Lawyer & Professor, Ingles Laurel Calderon & Ateneo De Manila University
- Steve Bainbridge, Partner, Squire Patton Boggs, United Arab Emirates
- Aahna Mehrota, Partner, TMT Law Practice
- Shoichi Sugiyama, Attorney, Field-R Law
- Kelvin Omuojine, Partner, SportHouse LP, Nigeria
- Sam Fellows, Solicitor, Holland Beckett, New Zealand
- Nandan Kamath, Principal Lawyer, LawNK, India
- Farai Razano, Partner, Razano Attorneys
To continue reading or watching login or register here
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: Anti-Corruption | Anti-Doping | Athlete Rights | Athlete Welfare | Australia | Basketball | Commercial | Cricket | Dispute Resolution | Employment Law | Esports | FIFA | Football | Gaming | Governance | India | Motorsport | New Zealand | Regulation | Saudi Arabian Grand Prix | South African Premier Soccer League