Key Sports Law Cases & Developments Of 2021 – Europe
As we come to the end of a turbulent and challenging year, we wanted to take the opportunity to highlight the important legal cases and developments from the world of sports law of 2021.
Therefore, we invited members of our Editorial and Advisory Board, who are experts in this field, to share their opinions on what they consider to be the key sports law cases & developments from 2021. In this article are the responses from our Europe members.
With so much happening in 2021, we have produced a series of articles to help identify key cases and issues from 2021 in specific jurisdictions, as well as helping to detect broader global themes.
We would like to thank each member of our Editorial and Advisory Board for taking the time out of their busy schedules to share their views with us, and also more broadly for their significant input into LawInSport over the course of the year. Thank you.
- Marc Peltier, Associate Professor Of Law, University Of Nice, France
- Peter Rippel-Szabo, Attorney At Law, Bird & Bird, Hungary
- Josep Vandellos - Founder/Partner, Vandellos Sports Law, Spain
- Maciej Bałaziński, Attorney At Law, Kancelaria Prawna Maciej Bałaziński I Współpracownicy, Poland
- Dr Katarina Pijetlovic, Reader in Sports Law, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Ricardo Oliveras, Head of Sports Law and Corporate Partner, ECIJA
- Carlos Carnero, Senior Associate, Senn, Ferrero Asociados Sports & Entertainment, Spain:
- Michael Savva - Partner, Watson Farley & Williams
- Christian Keidel, Partner, Lentze Stopper
- James Kitching, Director of Football Regulatory, FIFA
- Benoit Keane, Solicitor & Avocat, Keane Legal
- Michele Colucci, Avvocatto & Founder, Sports Law & Policy Centre (With Assistance from Durante Rapacciuolo, Editor, Review of Law and Economy of Sport (RDES))
- Marie-Anne Lindhardt, Partner, MAQS Law Firm
- Jan Kleiner, Partner, Bär & Karrer AG
- Clement Monnet, Attorney, Norton Rose Fulbright (Paris)
To continue reading or watching login or register here
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: Anti-Doping | Athlete Rights | Athlete Welfare | Commercial | Covid-19 Impact | Dispute Resolution | Europe | Football | Motorsport | Regulation & Governance | Sports | Tax | Tennis