Takeaways from Sports Governance, Compliance, and Investigations Workshop & Seminar
On 25-26 January 2023, LawInSport had the pleasure of supporting Ankura, one of our member organisations, in hosting a workshop and seminar in Lausanne, Switzerland, for leaders from International Federations, Governing Bodies and the wider sports community.
The event was focused on:
- Sports Integrity: What does the future hold for your risk management programme?
- Crisis Management: An interactive workshop to highlight why organisations can struggle in a crisis.
- Development funding: Overcoming compliance challenges with funding distribution
- Due diligence and reputation management: Managing the risk of interactions with third-parties, agents, and sponsors
- Investigations: How to manage an investigation? Including collection and analysis of devices and data
- Major events: The effects of Ethics, Transparency and ESG issues on major events
The speakers for the event included:
- Carl Brown, Senior Director at Ankura
- Jonathan Brown, Senior Managing Director in Ankura’s Sports Advisory practice and Head of the Risk, Forensics and Compliance Practice
- Raymond Hack, Arbitrator at the Court of Arbitration for Sport and a Member of the CAF, FINA and FIFA Disciplinary Committees
- Erika Riedl, Ethics Committee Member at the AIBA
- Alejandra Salmeron Garcia, Senior Legal Counsel at the FIA
- Jonny Gray, Senior Managing Director at Ankura & former founding CEO of the International Tennis Integrity Agency
- Duncan Fraser, Global Practice Leader of Sports & Entertainment at Howden Insurance Brokers
- Felix Vetter, Managing Director at Ankura
- Greg McKenna, Head of the Biathlon Integrity Unit
- Jake Marsh, Global Head of Integrity at Stats Perform and Director at the Darts Regulation Authority
- Benoit Pasquier, Partner at Charles Russell Speechlys and Arbitrator at the Court of Arbitration for Sport
- Gillian Sanders OLY, former Olympian, Case Manager at Sport Resolutions and their Sports Integrity Leader
- Moses Swaibu, a former professional football player
- Alex Phillips, Independent Consultant working as an administrator for the World Football Remission Fund and former Head of Governance and Compliance at UEFA
- Sean Cottrell, CEO of LawInSport
- Ashley Ehlert, Deputy General Secretary at the International Ice Hockey Federation
- Mike Laflin, CEO and Founder of Global Sustainable Sport
- Jamie Singer, Partner at Onside Law
The complete timetable for the event is also available below.
To continue reading or watching login or register here
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: Anti-Corruption | Anti-Doping | Athlete Welfare | Due Diligence | ESG | Event Catch-Up | FIFA | Integrity | Major Events | Match-Fixing | Regulation & Governance | Safeguarding | Switzerland
- The Importance Of Early Reporting & Preserving Evidence: Lessons From The Brendan Taylor Cricket Corruption Case
- Criminal Charges: Why Swiss Court Found Blatter & Platini Not Guilty And What Happens Next
- Anti-Match-Fixing Action Plan – UEFA’s Recent Activities To Stay On Top Of The Game
- A Summary of Key Sports Law Cases In Australia in 2022
- Swiss Federal Tribunal confirms the validity of CAS Anti-Doping Division proceedings as first instance tribunal
- Doping Cases Arising From The Moscow Laboratory Data Disclosure (Natalya Antyukh & Aleksandr Shustov)
- China's Anti-Doping Laws & Regulations – An Overview In 2023
Sean is the founder and CEO of LawInSport. Founded in 2010, LawInSport has become the "go to sports law website" for sports lawyers and sports executives across the world.