Sean is the founder and CEO of LawInSport. Founded in 2010, LawInSport has become the "go to sports law website" for sports lawyers and sports executives across the world.
Sean works with lawyers and law firms to create targeted and accessible legal content, develop marketing strategies and provide training on digital media. Sean is a visiting lecturer of sports business and sports ethics at Ithica College and Syracuse University London campuses.
Sean has written articles and produced podcasts and videos on the regulation of boxing, match-fixing, doping, sports governance, third party ownership in football, sports sponsorship and social media.
Before founding LawInSport.com Sean studied sport science and law after working in the legal sector for 15 years in finance and marketing. Sean has worked for some of leading international law firms including DLA Piper, Simmons & Simmons, CMS Cameron McKenna and SJ Berwin. His passions are law, sport, marketing, education, technology and charity.
You can connect with Sean on LinkedIn.
- Is it time to create a fund to help athletes who have suffered an economic loss due to doping in sport?
- Sports Law News Recap – April - June 2018
- A detailed review of the IAAF governance reforms
- A comparison of sports regulations on the use of wearable technology & data collection
- Interview with Takuya Yamazaki - the challenges for football players rights in Asia - Episode 53
- An interview with Maacah Scott, Staff Counsel at Arizona Diamondbacks - Episode 51
- The art of million dollar sports media rights deals: An interview with Bobby Hacker - Episode 50
- Trade marks for sport events - How Wimbledon secured their colour mark - Episode 48
- The integrity framework that can save the ‘Game Act’ & U.S. sports betting legalization - Episode 47
- An interview with Alex Slade, Head of Legal, Sport at BT - Episode 46
- Amendments to the registration period of minors in football - interview with Christian Keidel - Episode 45
- Key legal issues ahead of the Rio Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Doping in athletics - a review of the findings IAAF Ethics Commission and WADA IC Report #2
- An exclusive interview with the former Court of Appeal judge who helped expose corruption at the IAAF - Episode 34
- An explanation of how the World Anti-Doping Agency decides which substances are included on the Prohibited List
- What are the top sports law issues to watch in 2016?
- Key sports law cases and legal developments of 2015
- Thank you for your support in 2015 and beyond
- Interview with Katherine Grainger and Vijay Parbat on their work with International Inspiration - Episode 32
- Interview with Dimitrios Efstathiou, Vice President, Legal at Major League Soccer - Episode 31
- How will the 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games change sports law in Japan? - Episode 30
- The development of the NBA in China - An Interview with Ella Betsy Wong, Senior VP and General Counsel, NBA China
- Dutee Chand's lawyer, Jim Bunting, talks about their successful case at the CAS against the IAAF - Episode 29
- Nick Bitel, CEO London Marathon & Chair of Sport England talks about the challenges facing sports governing bodies - Episode 28
- NFL's Next Gen Stats and Sportradar US deal explained: An exclusive interview with Ulrich Harmuth - Episode 27
- Writing the Premier League Rule Book – An Interview with Jane Purdon, Director of Governance of the Premier League
- The evolving business of football: ‘insuring against the cost of success’
- An overview of concussion protocols across professional sports leagues
- US sport and consumer protection laws - what sports teams need to consider when marketing to fans - Episode 26
- How can you increase diversity in English football management without a ‘Rooney Rule’? - Episode 25
- “Not only must Justice be done; it must also be seen to be done”
- A Comparison of Man City's and Man United's Business Models - Soccerex 2014 - Episode 24
- Interview with sports lawyer Juan de Dios Crespo - Episode 23
- LawInSport at Soccerex - Key Issues for football to address
- Interview with Matthieu Reeb, Secretary General of the Court of Arbitration for Sport - Episode 22
- How Sky Sports Insight Day helped to explain what it takes to be a lawyer
- Successful sports lawyers, it just so happens they are all women
- Financial Fair Play in Football with Daniel Geey and Trevor Birch - Episode 20
- European football law update - Financial Fair Play, racism, Brazil stadia and Rangers troubles
- The Anatomy of The Armstrong Lie: a story of cycling, doping and betrayal - Episode 19
- Top 10 tips on how to become a sports lawyer
- Sport law education & careers podcast with Andy Gray DMU & BASL - Episode 14
- Howard Jacobs on the 3rd draft of the WADA Code Review - Episode 13
- College football & coaching contracts - an interview with the lawyer of Bill Parcells, Joe Gibbs and Sylvester Croom
- Former NFL player, national champion and the lawyer of Bill Parcells, Joe Gibbs, and Sylvester Croom - Exclusive sit down with LawInSport - Part 1
- Exclusive interview with MLB All-Stars: player representation, social media, copyright infringements and much more
- Interview with Graham Arthur Director of Legal at UK Anti-Doping (UKAD)