Training compensation and solidarity payments - FIFA activates Article 13 to help clubs fast-track disputes
Recently FIFA, headed by its Chief Legal Officer, Emilio Garcia Silvero, has been doing a laudable job of updating all the regulations related to the football transfer system, a task that is included within the so-called FIFA 2.0 project1.
the adoption of new rules regarding agents, and
the application of the solidarity contribution to domestic transfers with an "international component",
Continue reading this article...
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: Disciplinary Committee | Dispute Resolution Chamber | FIFA | FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players (RSTP) | Football | Football Stakeholders Committee | Players Status Committee | Transfer Matching System
- A legal guide to solidarity payments in football under the FIFA Regulations
- A legal guide to training compensation in football under the FIFA Regulations
- Changing the game: Dissecting the landmark reforms endorsed by the FIFA Football Stakeholders Committee
- FIFA’s proposed solidarity mechanism reforms – an effective solution or a lost opportunity?
- FIFA’s clearing house: the future of solidarity mechanism & training compensation
Toni is a sports lawyer and partner at Corner Abogado, Palma de Mallorca (Spain). He advises clubs, agents, sportsmen and federations on matters including transfer and contracting of players, dispute resolution before national and international bodies (FIFA, CAS); sponsorship and image rights and disciplinary proceedings.
He is also Chief Executive Officer at Football Transfer Watch, Palma de Mallorca (Spain), who specialise in efficient player transfer monitoring and end-to-end claim management solutions for football clubs around the world.
- Degree in Law by the University of the Balearic Islands.
- Master in Sports Law.
- Master in Tax Law.
- Master in Labour Law.
- Member of the Madrid Bar Association
- Member of the Spanish Sports Law Association.
- Member of the Esports Bar Association.
- Professor of the LLM Master in International Sports Law at ISDE.
- Professor of the Master in Sports Management and Legal Skill with FC Barcelona.
- Member of different Disciplinary Committees in Olympic Federations.
Languages: Spanish, Catalan, English and German.