Andrew Nixon is a Partner in the Sport Group at Sheridans. Referred to in this year's Legal 500 as a “very bright and talented sports lawyer” Andrew's practice focuses principally on regulatory, governance, disciplinary, arbitration and dispute resolution within the sport sector. Andrew's clients include governing bodies, sports clubs, sports agencies and individual athletes.
He is regularly called upon as an expert in sports law by media outlets such as BBC, Sky News, Sky Sports News, Channel 4 and ITV and is an accomplished sports conference speaker. Andrew is also Non Executive Director of the English Table Tennis Association.
- Data collection from sports events: a nonexclusive future?
- Esports uncovered – Part 3: The biggest risk factors facing the industry
- Esports uncovered – Part 2: the key stakeholders - a comparison with the football industry
- Esports uncovered – Part 1: an overview of the ecosystem
- An overview of eSports Explosion and legal issues arising from it
- A quick guide to the statutory and common law duties on sports agents
- Daniel Striani and the UEFA FFP Regulations - the New Bosman?
- Oakley v Nike and Rory McIlroy
- The Sport Lawyer's top 5 sports law cases of 2012
- The Armstrong case - UCI's response
- FA code of conduct to be introduced
- The Armstrong case
- Written reasons for the John Terry Disciplinary decision released
- The Protection of Freedoms Act and the Sports Sector
- The Sport Lawyer - Olympics Edition
- Should NGBs continue with a disciplinary process even when criminal investigations are underway?
- The Sport Lawyer - The top 5 cases of 2011
- CAS sets date for FC Sion case
- CAS reduce Kendrick ban to eight months
- London Riots And Sports Contingency Insurance: Provisions Event Organisers Should Consider
- TV Dispute Threatens World Test Championship
- Sponsorship: Financial Fair Play and Competition Rules
- More legal action over the Olympic Stadium
- Decision on Doping Sanction Rule Under Review
- The Lotus v Lotus case: An empty victory?