Sports Lawyer In The Spotlight: Kate Porter
For this week’s edition of Sports Lawyer In The Spotlight, we interviewed Kate Porter who is a partner and head of the sports practice at Vela Wood P.C. in the United States. She has represented professional sports teams and leagues, as well as national associations and organizing committees for major international events in sports-related disputes at CAS and in federation investigations.
Kate also supports various U.S. professional sports teams’ in-house counsel teams and other business units with various commercial agreements. Additionally, she provides legal and compliance counsel on promotional, ticketing, and marketing-related issues.
We sat down with Kate in April 2022 to conduct this interview. We hope you enjoy the conversation as much as we did.
If you have any questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to contact us. If you would like to write for LawInSport on any particular topics, please email us at
To continue reading or watching login or register here
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: Career Advice | Court of Arbitration for Sport | Dispute Resolution | Football | Qatar | Regulation & Governance | Sports | UAE | United States of America (USA)
- Sports Lawyer In The Spotlight: James Kitching
- Sports Lawyer In Spotlight: Lindsay Brandon
- Sports Lawyer In Spotlight: Christopher Chase
- Sports Lawyer In The Spotlight: Mark Hovell
- Sports Lawyer In The Spotlight: Steve Bainbridge
- How To Raise Your Legal Profile Through Writing Articles
Manan is currently an Editor at LawInSport. Before joining LawInSport, Manan practiced law at a leading media and entertainment law firm in Mumbai, India. Manan has been a part of LawInSport's inaugural Academy Mentoring Scheme and was mentored by LawInSport CEO and Founder, Sean Cottrell.