New York appellate court rules fantasy sports is illegal gambling
The New York Appellate Division, Third Department, has ruled that fantasy sports betting is illegal gambling in New York State, reversing a 2016 law that had permitted the activity.
Continue reading this article...
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: Anti-Corruption | Betting | Fantasy Sports | Gambling | Integrity | Regulation | United States
- Betting, beer and CBD – how U.S. leagues & teams are approaching new non-traditional categories for sports sponsorships
- Legislating for game integrity as U.S. states legalize sports betting
- Protecting exclusivity in sports data rights: are courtsiding spotters a step too far for UK football fans?
- Sports law in 2020 - key issues to watch in North America