Sports Law in 2022 – Key issues to watch in UK & Ireland
Here are the top sports law issues to watch out for in 2022 from the UK and Ireland from the LawInSport Editorial Board.
- Prof Mark James, Manchester Law School & Manchester Metropolitan University Institute of Sport
- Andrew Smith, Barrister, Matrix Chambers
- Mark Hovell, Partner, Mills & Reeve
- Rupert Beloff, Barrister, 4-5 Gray’s Inn Square & Kings Chambers
- Louis Weston, Barrister, Outer Temple Chambers
- Leigh Thompson, Head Of Policy, Sport And Recreation Alliance
- Alistair McHenry, Director, Walker Morris LLP
- Alex Kelham, Partner, Lewis Silkin LLP
- Daniel Geey, Partner, Sheridans Sports Group (With The Assistance Of Alex Harvey & Ollie Warren)
- Lydia Banerjee, Barrister, Littleton Chambers
- Jon Walters, Partner, Northridge Law
We hope this proves useful not only in identifying specific cases and issues, but also in detecting broader themes and when read in conjunction with the contributions from other jurisdictions.
We would like to thank each member of our Editorial Board for taking the time out of their busy schedules to share their views with us, and also more broadly for their significant input into LawInSport over the course of the year. Thank you.
To continue reading or watching login or register here
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: Athlete Rights | Athlete Welfare | Athletics | Basketball | Commercial | Competition Law | Dispute Resolution | Employment Law | Esports | Football | Human Rights | Media Rights | NFT | Olympics | Paralympics | Regulation & Governance