Jake is a Consultant Mills & Reeve and an attorney working on both sides of the pond.
He has worked in the sports team at Mills & Reeve, and also writes about legal, economic, and financial issues in European sport for the Wall Street Journal, ESPN, and other publications. He has been cited as an authority by media outlets all over the world.
At one time, he was a serviceable fly-half.
- International transfer of minors in football - key takeaways and procedural issues from Chelsea & The FA v. FIFA
- Image rights and international footballers: the curious case of Mohamed Salah and the Egypt Football Association
- Case review: US Soccer Federation v National Players Association (use of player likenesses)
- Key resources to better understand the football transfer system
- Key resources to better understand transfer costs in football
- The potential impact of Brexit on European football
- Latest amendments to the CAS Code: What you need to know
- A guide to the key legal issues in the football transfer window
- MLS’s CBA negotiations: federal mediation, salary cap and steps toward free agency
- The growth of daily fantasy sports betting and the legal issues it faces: an interview with Shergul Arshad
- Interview with leading sports lawyer Michael McCann
- An overview of concussion protocols across professional sports leagues
- How effective is FIFA's concussion protocol?
- Delayed Entry: the FA’s “highest calibre” standard for non-EU footballers