Tiran Gunawardena is a Senior Associate (Australian Qualified) in the London sports law team at Mills & Reeve LLP.
Tiran was selected by Who’s Who Legal: Sports and Entertainment as a leading sports lawyer in the UK in 2018 and 2019.Tiran specialises in international and domestic sports arbitration, with significant experience with proceedings before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) and regulatory matters in sport. He is dual qualified as an Australian solicitor and chartered accountant, and holds a Master in International Sports Law from ISDE (Madrid). Tiran is also an England Boxing and British Gymnastics Disciplinary Panel member.Prior to working at Mills & Reeve, Tiran spent almost 4 years working in the Corporate Tax and M&A team at PwC Sydney.
- An overview of FIFA’s ‘Phase 2’ reforms – agents, loans and clearing house
- An overview of the new FIFA Disciplinary Code
- Sports disputes and disciplinary procedures – the year in review 2018/19
- Changing the game: Dissecting the landmark reforms endorsed by the FIFA Football Stakeholders Committee
- Unilateral extension options in football contracts: Are they valid and enforceable?
- FIFA’s April 2018 amendments to its Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players (RSTP)
- Trends in digital brand engagement, image rights and sponsorship deals in sport
- Betting in football – Was The FA’s decision on Joey Barton a fair one?
- The FA’s new work permit system & proposal for new “home grown” rules