Spanish Women's New National Agreement: A Major Step Towards Equal Pay In Football
In June 2022, the Spanish Women's National Football Team signed two historic agreements with the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) regarding their economic conditions and image rights.
I had the honor of participating as a lawyer for the captains of the National Team, thanks to the FUTPRO union, the Spanish women's football union, which advised the players on these issues. For this reason, I am going to try to summarize the most important points of the agreements, always respecting their confidentiality and provide some key takeaways for other national women’s team in their journey to achieve equal pay.
To continue reading or watching login or register here
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Gender equality in football - how we negotiated equal rights for the Matildas & Socceroos
- A Guide To The Labour Structure Of The US Women's Soccer Team and League (NWSL)
- Creating better pathways for young female football players in USA: Olivia Moultrie v NWSL
- Nigerian Women’s Football & Basketball Teams Fight For Equal Pay
- Why Challenges Remain For US Women’s Soccer After Equal Pay Deal
- How The US Women’s Soccer Team’s New Equal Pay Deal Works