Key Sports Law Cases And Developments Of 2021 – North America
As we come to the end of a turbulent and challenging year, we wanted to take the opportunity to highlight the important legal cases and developments from the world of sports law of 2021.
Therefore, we invited members of our Editorial and Advisory Board, who are experts in this field, to share their opinions on what they consider to be the key sports law cases & developments from 2021. In this article are the responses from our North America members.
With so much happening in 2021, we have produced a series of articles to help identify key cases and issues from 2021 in specific jurisdictions, as well as helping to detect broader global themes.
We would like to thank each member of our Editorial and Advisory Board for taking the time out of their busy schedules to share their views with us, and also more broadly for their significant input into LawInSport over the course of the year. Thank you.
- Jodi S Balsam, Associate Professor Of Clinical Law/Director Of Externship Programs, Brooklyn Law School
- Jeremi Duru, Professor Of Law, Washington College Of Law American University
- Mark Conrad, Director of the Sports Business Concentration and Associate Professor of Law and Ethics, Gabelli School of Business, Fordham University (New York)
- Glenn Wong, Executive Director, Sports Law & Business, Arizona State University (With the Assistance of Cameron C. Miller, Lawyer, Washington D.C.)
- Aaron Swerdlow, Partner, Weinberg Gonser LLP
- Kate Porter, Partner, Vela Wood
- Lindsay Brandon, Attorney, Law Offices of Howard L. Jacobs
- Maureen Weston, Professor of Law, Pepperdine Caruso School of Law, Malibu, CA, USA
- Ricky Volante, CEO & Co-Founder, The Professional Collegiate League
- James Bunting & Carlos Sayao, Tyr LLP
- Daniel Greene, Attorney, Newman & Lickstein
Continue reading this article...
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: American Football | Anti-Doping | Athlete Rights | Athlete Welfare | Baseball | Canada | Collegiate Sports | Dispute Resolution | Football | MLB | MLS | NCAA | NIL | Olympics | Regulation & Governance | Transgender Rights | United States